Right of Seattle

Doing the job seattle talk radio and the other bloggers won't

Name:
Location: Kent, Washington, United States

I was born in San Francisco and grew up in Anaheim. I really didn't have much interest in politics in those days.Other than Pres Reagan anyway.My wife turned me on to rush limbaugh and the rest as they say is history.Some Consider me a hard core conservative.I don't,yes I am a conseravtive but I'm more open minded than the hard core ones.For 10 years we lived in skagit county during that time I was a pco Area chair and county yr chairman.Since my wife and I moved to Kent almost 3 years ago the fargo precinct in the 47th district where we make our home has sat empty.Its been actually 5-6 years since its been vacant. The King Gop doesn't like me so empty the fargo precinct sits.

Friday, May 05, 2006

The Last Straw

Good Afternoon,


It has been a while since I have posted anything.So here it comes.
Its been almost a week since the king county republican convention.
During that time I have watched and waited to see if anyone would
write about it.Since it hasn't happened I will do it myself.
Stefan Sharkansky,Andy McDonald and Matt Rosenberg were all in
attendance and yet not one of them has written a word about it.
I have to conclude that either they were to embarrassed or just didn't
care.Either way it speaks volumes about how aligned they are with
the GOP in king county.






For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about,
one of the things that happens is that the delegates vote on who
gets to be there representatives on the state committees at the
convention. One of those positions happened to be for the state platform
committee. Doug Parris decided he was going to run against
Lori Sotelo for the position. I think that Michael Young found
out Doug was going to run and decided he wouldn't let it happen.
So Mr Young made a motion from the floor for the delegates to just
vote for those that had ran the committees to be on the state
committees as well.I don't want to bore anyone with all the
details needless to say the motion was passed and over some
objections that's how it ended up.




Mr Parris never got a chance to speak to the delegates or even be
voted on.The reasons for this are 1.the convention chairman Kirby Wilbur
does not know the rules of the convention very well at all. 2. When you
have more than half of the delegates that just accept at face value
whatever the leadership tells them you got an uphill battle anyway.
3.Michael Young once again tried to silence those that don't agree
with everything he does.For the last three years I have watched all of
the various things that have gone on under the Herbold- Young leadership.
They are systematically destroying what was once a great county party.




What happened Saturday at the convention was the last straw. I have had
it with Michael Young and his friends. From there involvement in the Dunn
Hammond race. To silencing Phil Fortunato at last years convention. To
threatening to have a 72 year old lady arrested for exercising her right
to free speech at last years county picnic.To there repeated harassment
of Brian Thomas which culminated in there decision not to support him
last year when he ran for county council.I could go on with more but I think
you get the idea.





I simply am tired watching an out of control county chairman continue
on this power trip.Just so he can feed his insatiable ego.I am sick
of an executive board that does whatever the hell they want irregardless
of what there central committee might think.I am tired of seeing good
people losing races because they don't get the support they need from
the county party.I am not just talking about Brian Thomas.These people
pick and choose who they support based on there political leanings.
In other words its hardly ever a conservative that they will back.



For over three years I have lived in kent.The fargo precinct
has not had a PCO for at least that long.I volunteered many
times to do it but they turned me down every time. Would you
like to know why? Julie Holbrook who was then the district
chair didn't like the fact I was critical of the king gop
they wanted a robot.It didn't matter that the previous 9
years I spent in Skagit I was a PCO and an area chair.
They question my loyalty when they thwart the will of there
members all the time.





They continue to lose races at an alarming rate and they still don't
know why.When you do almost nothing to get out the vote you almost never
win.Trying to appeal to democrats to join your party has never worked and
it won't now.All you end up doing is driving your base away.I submit that is
exactly what has been happening.I am sick of having to do the job of talk
radio and the other bloggers. They would just as soon sweep it under the rug
instead of talking about it all for the sake of party unity.




I have decided I cannot watch this go on any longer.I have not determined
what I'm going to do just yet. But when I do everyone will know what
it is.Some of you are probably saying couldn't this also describe the
State Republican party.Well in the past I would agree with you.However
the one good thing that happened at the county convention is I actually had
a good talk with our State Chair Diane Tebelius.This was the first time we
had actually met.She seems open to having more discussions with me in
the future. So I will reserve judgment for now.God bless My wife Michele
and my Sister Susan Hutchison for inspiring me to do this.As well as
Mark Hulst and Doug Parris.Thank you Joey Styles for the actual idea of how
to write this.(I do not know Mr Styles.)Just hang on for a little while
I promise something will happen.This isn't just that crazy spackman talking
again. It was the last straw. In case any of you are wondering whatever I
end up doing will be of a legal and non violent nature.So don't worry.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Phil,

Everything that happened at the King County Republican Convention was according to Robert's Rules of Order and was verified by the parliamentarian.

It was obvious that those wishing to have Mr. Parris be King County's platform representative to the State Convention were in the minority - a very small minority.

Why is it when people don't get their way, that they often resort to name-calling and charges of cheating.

If you are so interested in reforming the KCGOP, you should have been a delegate or alternate. You also can run for PCO - instead of volunteering, just run for the position. In the three years that you've been complaining, you've already missed one opportunity to run and be elected.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you plan on doing to right these wrongs.

By the way, I'm been told that there is much more to the Brian Thomas story than perhaps you are aware. You might want to look into it and then write your next blog entry about what you find out.

6:45 PM  
Blogger phil spackman said...

Jim,

Thank you for your response. For the
record I called no one names.As for
the rules, well Mr Parris should
have been allowed to address the
delegates. I firmly belief had that
happened the delegates would have
learned there was such a stark
contrast between he and Lori
Sotelo it just might have turned
the tide.




Now as to Brian Thomas I know pretty
much all there is to know about
that whole situation.I have to tell
you based on the little you said.
I fear you have been sold a bill
of goods.There is a file the king
Gop has on brian at there office.
Two people that I know where allowed to have
a look at it.None of what the the king gop
alledge is in it.Most of what is
in it are letters than Brian
Thomas wrote to the executive
board protesting the treatment he
had recieved.




Some of what Brian said was over
the top. He never should have
used bad language or made fun
of others in any way.But thats
all he did.These other things
they accuse him of are nonsense
and they know it.Its important to know
this all started because brian
ran against Terry Thomas and the
powers that be didn't like it
and turned against him.



I wanted to be a delegate at the
convention.But I moved shortly
before it to another precinct.At
this point I am still waiting
to recieve my new voter
registration card.So that I can
determine what precinct I am
actually in.The system the
king county elections have in
place make impossible to determine
what precinct your in unless your
verfied as living at the address
you say you do.

10:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe I don't know the whole truth about Brian Thomas. What exactly is the King GOP accusing him of doing?

I do know that I was at the organization meeting where he ran against Terry Thomas. There were 4 people in that race and Brian finished last. I hardly think that is something that anyone would be worried or upset about.

Maybe that's just an excuse.

4:52 PM  
Blogger phil spackman said...

Jim,

When Ross Marzolf or Michael Young
are asked why there is animosity
between the king gop and Brian
thomas. This is what they say. we have a
file on Brian that is three inches
thick that is filled with anti-
semetic racist hate filled letters
written by brian. This is not true.


They also say that the seattle
police department has file on him. Also not true brian thomas
does not now nor has he ever
had police record.As I said
before most of what is in the
file were letters that brian
wrote protesting the way he
was treated by the king gop.




Look I will agree that sometimes
brian is own worst enemy.He said
some things he shouldn't have.Its
never a good idea to make fun of
someone's appearence or use bad
language.They have accused him of
being ant-semetic and a racist.
Brian has had a flag Israel
displayed at his home for years
prior to this accusation being
made.




You may not agree but I think
he has a right to be upset.
The party should have supported
him in his run for County council
district 2.The fact they didn't
sent the wrong message to those
delegates that supported him at
the convention.It will also make
others that reside in district 2
think twice before they run.


I was not aware there were others that ran against Terry Thomas.That makes there behavior
all the more troubling.You need
understand that not only did they
make these false accusations about
him. But he was also on more than
one occasion physically assaulted
by a King Gop officer.One of those
times he was on crutches after
having had surgery.




I might add a little post script
here. They may also tell you
that brian had it in for Terry
Thomas.He had no problem with
him until Terry told him that
the party would pay his filing
fee like they every other candidate
than ran for county council on
the gop side.



When it came time to pay it he asked Michael Young for the money
to pay the fee. Michael Young refused. Brian responded by saying
Terry Thomas told me you would.
When Terry was confronted about
it he denied the whole thing.
In fact he completely change his
story.These people have put him
through the ringer all because
they don't like him.At the end
of the day they still should have
supported his candidacy.

7:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info. I think I'll call the King County GOP and ask for their side of the story and then get back to you.

Does that sound fair? As in everything, there are always two sides to every story.

Have you talked to the Seattle Police Department or to Terry Thomas to get their side of the story? Or have you talked to the King County GOP?

Thanks.

11:28 AM  
Blogger phil spackman said...

Jim,

Certainly its fair to do that.
What I would suggest is that you
ask them why they have a problem
with Brian Thomas and just leave
it at that.Don't bring up anything I have told you.Hear what
they have to say about Brian before saying anything else.



Now as far as the SPD is concerned I have not spoken with
them about Brian.Those that I
would consider reliable have
done so. The SPD denies they have
any police record on file about
brian.They may say to you that
there are restraining orders
against brian there are not any.


They may also say to you that
brian was cited for trespassing.
Its not true,what happened was
brian was in a city park holding a
sign saying support are troops.



The liberals that frequent that
park didn't like it. So they complained to the police who
could nothing.They then tried
another way by saying he was
trespassing in a public store
when all he was doing was buying
a snack.Again the police were
called out but obiviously they
could do nothing.



As to Terry Thomas no I have not
spoken with him.He now lives in
north carolina so its really
a mute point anyway.I will say
this I know Brian to be an honorable man.He has no reason to
lie.Will just leave at that

12:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Phil,

I will call the KCGOP in the next couple days and then report back to you what I find out.

I did find out one thing from a friend of mine. Terry Thomas has not moved to North Carolina. He was recalled to active duty by the Marines and is stationed in New Orleans. As with all military personnel who are recalled to active duty, his permanent home remains Seattle. He will complete his term on the WSRP Executive Board and will actually be able to fly back for their remaining meetings. I'm sure I can get his email address from the WSRP if you would like to communicate your questions to him.

10:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Phil,

Just got Terry Thomas's email. It is TerryRThomas@msn.com - I encourage you to email him and get his side of the story.

As you have said and implied, it is always worthwhile to talk to people on both sides of any issue. I would expect you to do that.

Regards,

Jim

11:36 AM  
Blogger phil spackman said...

Jim,

I am glad you brought this part
of this whole ordeal up.Sure I
will email Terry Thomas.But I don't
expect much of an answer.You see I
have tried to get the King gop side
of all of the Brian Thomas story.



What has almost always happened
is I get no response or they don't
want to respond in the form of an
email.They say to call when I do
I get nothing but voice mail. So
I leave polite messages and no one
ever calls me back.



What else am I to believe but that
they have something to hide.I will
email Terry and see what happens.



Thank you for your response




Phil

1:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thought that this web page might interest you. The comment section at the end is what I am referring to.

http://thereaganwing.wordpress.com/2008/05/29/rob-mckenna-says-you%e2%80%99re-a-racist/

9:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The information is at the comment section of this web page.

http://thereaganwing.wordpress.com/2008/05/29/rob-mckenna-says-you%e2%80%99re-a-racist/

time is running out to file to be a PCO this year.

The great thing about this is that there is nothing the King County Republicans can do about you becoming a PCO as long as you file directly with the County. And they can’t kick you out of your PCO position either as long as you are elected to the position. The only thing the King County Republicans can do is to find some Republican in your exact precinct to run against you and then the person of course would have to get more votes than you. But short of that once elected you are a PCO and they can’t do anything about it.

And you don’t have to take any of those offensive 11 Commandment oaths either if you file directly with the King County Elections.

All you have to do is download this form.

http://www.metrokc.gov/elections/200808/PCODeclaration2008Form.pdf

Fill this form out.

Mail it in an envelope to the following address:

Elections Division
Department of Executive Services
ELE-ES-0100
919 SW Grady Way
Renton, WA 98057-2906

Remember its now 42¢ to mail a letter or if you are in the area I guess you can hand it to them personally. However they must have it in their hand by 4:30 PM this next Friday June 6.

And don’t forget to put a dollar bill into the envelope as that is the amount they require to file.

Once you do that and if there is no other person filed as PCO in your Precinct then you are in, King County Republicans be damned. They can’t remove you. And forget about them trying to make you work on campaigns stamp licking and sign waving. You are busy. There’s a PCO meeting next week, sorry that is the day I am washing my hair. You don’t have to do anything for them and still they can’t remove you. But you are there when the critical votes are needed.

So, as much as you might hate the Republicans file as a PCO and then just don’t do anything for them (if that is what you want). But it is important that if you are a conservative that you do file so at the critical times when you are needed you can be there to vote.

Pass this link on to other conservatives in King Country. Remember the King County Republicans can’t stop you from filing and gaining this position unless they make an effort to find someone in your precinct to run against you and that person is successful in that effort. So please file so that you can make a difference when it counts but realize they can’t fire you or make you resign as long as you were elected to that position so you can do as little with them (or nothing) as you want. Just say you are busy when they have all the distraction work they want you to do. Again, even if you don’t participate they can’t remove you, but you will be there when critical votes take place.

http://www.metrokc.gov/elections/200808/PCODeclaration2008Form.pdf

Friday, June 6, that’s the drop dead date. So be sure to put it in the mail by Thursday June 5 or the earlier the better.

9:22 AM  
Blogger klatu said...

Phil Spackman: I'm writing this from Oregon. Question are you a "RON PAUL Nut Case"? I say this because you admit your to the "Left" of the King County GOP. I've had a lot of experience kicking "RON PAUL nut cases out the Door and back where they belong to the No government do as we beleive LIBERAL-TARIAN Party lately.

PS: I SENSE that I em right. If so Good Job KING County GOP. Continue to keep these do nothing Liberal-Tarians OUT. They are nothing but trouble makers.

PPS: The post above is your typical INVASION orders of RON PAUL LIBERAL-TARIAN nutcases into the GOP. GIVE IT UP NUTCASES. POT Will never be Legalized.

2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home